As the social media and marketing communications landscape continues to evolve by the second (literally), it’s become increasingly apparent that implementing a brand-amplification strategy consisting of eye-catching photos with witty captions just isn’t enough. With viral posts being born out of every corner, it’s more essential now than ever before to ensure that you have a social media strategy that incorporates dynamic/integrated branding approaches, tactics in line with new trends, and dynamite content to keep up with the everchanging social universe.
If you’re just getting your social pages started or if you’ve hit a rut, here are a few quick tips that can help you easily grow your following.
- Create relevant
- Pushing out captivating content is fun and will likely catch eyes, but with an influx of powerful content creators showing up in every social space, it’s not enough anymore to just create good content. You need to know the audience you’re trying to reach and create content that speaks specifically to them. Is your audience in the B2B sector? Highlight case studies that showcase your product in action in a way that makes sense for that specific B2B audience. Are your readers in the non-profit sector? Show exactly how the donations are being put to work and the real change being created.
- Engage. Engage.
- This is an elementary social media tip, but it truly is one of the easiest ways to gain a following of folks who are interested in what your brand represents. When someone comments on your page, reply back! People like knowing that their voices are heard – and often get pretty excited if companies they love engage with them – sometimes followers will even sharing those interactions with their own followers, furthering your reach even more.
- Narrow your hashtags.
- Hashtags are a really easy way to find an audience that shares the same mindset as you, but if you’re using hashtags that are way too broad it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle. We recommend narrowing down your hashtags so they are specific and will reign-in that niche market you’re looking to touch. For example, are you a photographer that uses #CaliforniaPhotographer? Try specifying your location a bit more with something like #OCPhotographer or #SoCalWeddingPhotographer. Specificity will tighten the focus to a more pertinent audience!
- Use data to guide your strategy.
- You should always check out the analytics of your page and posts to help you see what’s working and what’s not. Do all your videos get 3x the amount of engagement that your static posts do? Post more of those. Or if you don’t have the resources to create more videos, this is the perfect time to utilize some of your marketing budget and put some money behind your high-performing content to promote it further.
- Throw a few bucks behind your social posts.
- Have a social post that is performing exceptionally well? Throw a few dollars behind it. You don’t need to have a huge budget to leverage paid social media platform reach. Most, if not all, platform algorithms favor companies putting money behind their posts, so even $10 here and there can build a foundation for your posts to be seen by more people – engaging individuals who wouldn’t typically see your posts and potentially increasing your followers at the same time.
At DRIVEN360, brands of all sizes – from high-powered startups to Fortune 500 companies – trust our world-class team’s social media strategy, tactics and activation as part of their integrated marketing communications programs. Go ahead, ask us questions.