You’re independent. Smart on your feet. Marketing communications and social savvy. You possess an ‘entrepreneurial spirit’ and find it easy to take on multiple big tasks with ease and passion in whatever work environment presents itself. If that’s you, you just might be DRIVEN. Read On.
The days of traditional public relations agencies are over. DRIVEN’s Integrated Brand Marketing team cuts through the market clutter with disruptive, impactful integrated brand marketing communications consulting, strategy, activation and bold results. From reigniting blue chip brands to catapulting startups onto the national/international stage, DRIVEN’s agile and aggressive team drives brands to new levels through brand marketing, public relations, entertainment marketing and business consulting.
Founded and lead by media personality and automotive expert, Mike Caudill, DRIVEN’s ability to bring brands of all varieties in reach of the most prominent media outlets across TV, digital, print and social is unrivaled – from Automotive, Powersports/Motorsports, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Luxury, Technology, Health/Fitness, Hospitality, Consumer Products to Fashion.
We’re searching for passionate, versatile and talented new marketing communications talent willing to learn, work passionately and grow in a high-impact, demanding, rewarding, team-oriented and flexible culture. This is not a 9-5, ’clock in and clock out’ position. The Marketing Communications Coordinator will touch multiple client companies of all sizes – while taking on a variety of tasks across the marketing mix: From public relations/communications support, social media/digital support, brand/entertainment marketing support, administrative tasks and more. Using versatile writing skills, creativity and solid knowledge of brands, the social universe and/or marketing concepts – the position will require an individual with a diverse skill set.
The Marketing Communication Coordinator/Specialist operates as integral support as part of a cross-functional team that touches every part of the business. A successful candidate can expect to grow rapidly and be exposed multiple aspects of the marketing communications mix in an extremely fast-paced, small team environment with a variety of projects running simultaneously. Only team players – with team-oriented personalities – that don’t need an old-fashioned, “traditional” work environment need apply.
Tasks May Include:
- Responsible for execution around integrated brand marketing communications strategies
- Engages in intensive writing activities – from copy writing to helping to reinforce unique ‘voice’ across all PR and marketing communication materials
- Social Media tactics – which may include blog posts, Tweets, Facebook posts, pins, photos, short-form video content, Snaps, guerrilla tactics, day-to-day engagement and more. Evaluates and monitors appropriate social-digital channels day-to-day
- Public Relations/Strategic Communications support: Building detailed and personalized media lists, writing/editing, intensive pitching, trade show/conference communications/activation, managing massive amounts of media inquiries and more
- Helps drive the content creation/content marketing process – from conception to delivery
- Event/brand marketing/experiential marketing/entertainment marketing support, as appropriate. This includes occasional travel and execution at trade shows, experiential events, media events, conferences and more
- Expected to bring creative, brand marketing-savvy ideas to the table
- Supports the executive team with some administrative responsibilities
Skills and Abilities
- Strong, versatile writing skills as can be applied to marketing communications situations – with the ability to switch to vastly different styles on the fly across different platforms
- Must have work experience and a solid understanding of the social media universe – including YouTube, Twitter, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, WhatsApp, Vine, Pinterest, Google and more emerging platforms
- Solid basic understanding of brands, marketing concepts and communications concepts preferred
- Must be a true team player – and optimistic – with an outgoing personality and verbal skills. Being able to genuinely work together with vastly different personalities – as well as fit into DRIVEN’s ultra-collaborative, entrepreneurial spirit-driven culture – is a must. DRIVEN is not a politics-oriented organization
- Ability to compile, assess and explain social media metrics and measurements
- Must be comfortable with extreme multitasking, ready to take on multiple projects of different kinds all at once
- Be willing to thrive in a growth-stage environment, characterized by a rapid pace and change
- Be willing to grow in a versatile, progressive and non-traditional work environment as needed
Education and Experience
- The right candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, advertising or communications.
- At least 1-2 years of marketing, social media and/or public relations experience, including solid internships.
- Real-life writing experience, with past published materials strongly preferred. Writing samples will be requested.
Qualified candidates (that meet the minimum requirements) should send a cover letter, resume and solid writing/project samples to Maggie@GoDRIVEN360.com.